Re: Sackets Harbor Grand Tactical 1812

  • Terry
    Message 1 of 6 , Aug 4, 2010
      Mr. Lozon,
      Does Mr. Twist plan on inviting US units to this meeting to discuss potential GT locations too?

      Regards,

      Terry

      --- In WarOf1812@yahoogroups.com, "larrylozon" <larrylozon@...> wrote:

      > ==============================
      > TO:
      >
      > "CROWN FORCES NORTH AMERICA"
      >
      > Unit Commanders,
      >
      > Please inform your members
      >
      > ==============================
      > I am ordered to forward the following
      >

      > L. Lozon ~ AdC
      > ==============================
      >
      > Sackets Harbor Grand Tactical 1812
      >
      > The seventh Grand Tactical has come and gone. All those who were able to attend will long remember Sackets Harbor as a wonderful event. Connie Barone and her staff and volunteers did an amazing job of hosting. Everything ran like clockwork amid a friendly beautiful small town. The weather cooperated to give us near perfect conditions for wearing wool in the summer (we are nothing if not all crazy). The US forces were represented in good numbers under the able command of Jim Murphy and gave us good opposition for the three tacticals. Crown Forces once again were able to enjoy the participation of our friends from California, Maryland and elsewhere. The presence of the Navy under Tom Hurbut gave that extra dimension to the weekend that makes it so special. As usual, the merchant area boasted a good assortment of high quality vendors. All in all it was a great weekend and I want to take this opportunity to extend my thanks to all involved for making this another highly successful event.
      >
      > Peter Twist
      >
      > PS: Attention Crown Forces Units
      >
      > I would like to schedule a meeting this Saturday at Fort Erie to discuss next year's calendar of events, including the Grand Tactical. We will pick a time and location once we have looked at the site's schedule and will notify all units. This is your opportunity to suggest the events that you would like to see us do for the next season. See you this weekend.

    • Victor Eiser
      Message 2 of 6 , Aug 4, 2010
        Hi Larry,

        We are also working on our schedule for 2011 and would like to co=ordinate our
        plans with those of the CFNA to avoid conflicts as much as possible. So far we
        have 3 secure dates for 2011
        * Feb 4-6 2011"Retreat from Moscow" @ North of Chicago IL
        * April 15-17 2011Ringwood Manor NJ
        * April 29-May 1 2011 Grand Tactique "Battle of Albuera" @ ANZA CA
        To the above we will probably add the following events (exact dates to be
        confirmed)
        * May or JuneTactical event @ Roseryville MD
        * JuneEcole de soldat @ Montreal, QC
        * JulyDays of Napoleon @ Belvidere, IL
        And then we'll fill in with other timeline or local events.

        I hope that your plans won't conflict with the 3 we have already set in stone,
        but for the rest, i will be happy to shift our dates away from the ones you
        plan, so that there is a better chance for the CFNA to try some of our events!

        Please keep me current with your tentative schedule.
        Best regards, VIVE L'EMPEREUR !

        Victor Eiser dit La Cuillère
        President, Brigade Napoleon
        3me Régiment d'infanterie de ligne, 2ème Bn
        1er Régiment des Grenadiers à pied de la Garde Impériale, 2ème Bn, 2ème Co

        ________________________________

        Message 3 of 6 , Aug 4, 2010
          Terry

          I assumed that Peter's meeting was to discuss Crown Forces Events

          Also

          I assumed he would contact USA Units before choosing a site for the GT (this year is in Canada)

          But I am only a messenger therefore your question should be addressed to

          Peter Twist ptwist(at)sympatico.ca

          thus to answer your question ... "I dunno"

          Message 4 of 6 , Aug 4, 2010
            Victor

            If you visit http://royal.scots.tripod.com/warof1812eventslist
            you will see what 1812 events that are "set in stone"

            Yrs.,
            L2

            United States Forces 1812
            http://usforces1812.tripod.com

            Crown Forces North America 1812
            http://1812crownforces.tripod.com

            WAR Of 1812 Events

            Sutlers & Merchants
            http://1812crownforces.tripod.com/sutlersmerchants

            --- Victor Eiser wrote:

            Hi Larry,

            We are also working on our schedule for 2011 and would like to co=ordinate our plans with those of the CFNA ...
          • Tom Hurlbut
            Message 5 of 6 , Aug 4, 2010
              Well, I've finally had a chance to sit down and reflect on the sensational
              Grand Tactical at Sackets Harbor!

              Absolutely amazing! What a wonderful spot with fabulous people! And the
              weather co-operated as well! Simply the best anybody could ask for.

              On behalf of myself and my little boat's crew, I wish to thank Connie and
              her staff, the Alliance, and Crown and US forces for putting on such a
              splendid show! I know a little bit about running events and this one flowed
              seamlessly from one element to another. I appreciate everyone's hard work.

              I would like to express my particular appreciation to the naval re-enactors
              who came and made this GT one of the best ever. The vessels ranged from the
              outstanding "pink" schooner La Revenante to the diminutive but very
              impressive Ship's Company jolly boat, and all followed my lead (no matter
              how hard I tried to shake them off!).

              Sunday afternoon's naval tactical was much fun indeed!

              I'm hoping we can repeat the experience next year!

              Yours, Aye!

              "Commander" Tom