Gran Tactical

  • Ed
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 3 5:37 PM
      I fully agree that the Grand tactical at Sackett's Harbor made for very enjoyable weekend. The site is beautiful, and much improved from my last vist some 21 years ago. The weather could not have been better and the same must be said for the site staff, volunteers & event organizers.

      Great showing by the Naval Contingents, both out on the Bay and ashore with the artillery. The only down side to the weekend was the rather limited numbers fielded by both the US & Crown Forces. I doubt that either side was able field more than 75 muskets. While I'm certain there are any number of reasons for such a poor showing (the state of the economy topping the list) it was still a bit disappointing.

      Ed Bolla
      17th US Reg. Inf.