Grand Tactical - Sackets Harbor

  • tom4141fournier
    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 2, 2010
      Good morning list

      What a marvelous weekend at the Grand Tactical!

      The weather was absolutely perfect - sunny, totally dry, lacking humidity and cool at night for sleeping.

      The site is spectacular and the community is stunning.

      Thank you to our hosts, organizers and the advocates within our community who kept insisting that this is a "must do" event. You pulled it off and made it worth it!

      I was really struck by a quote from a friend as we were saying our farewells yesterday evening, "this is why I never miss these Grand Tacticals, I just love seeing you guys again".

      It is always a great opportunity to strike new acquaintances and a chance to renew old friendships.

      Thank you to everyone who took the time and made the trip to make this possible.

      Tom Fournier
      41st Regiment
    • glifencible
      Message 2 of 4 , Aug 2, 2010
        --- In WarOf1812@yahoogroups.com, "tom4141fournier" <tom4141fournier@...> wrote:

        > Good morning list
        >
        > What a marvelous weekend at the Grand Tactical!

        Agreed Tom, great event and beautiful site. Here's a short video of the Saturday evening tactical.

        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5PmbElF6EcE

        Regards
        Bill
      • Michael Mathews
        Message 3 of 4 , Aug 2, 2010
          Interesting video, thanks Bill. Finally perfect "Shako-Cam?"

          Michael Mathews

          "We must sail sometimes with the wind and sometimes against it -- but we
          must sail, and not drift, nor lie at anchor." -- Oliver Wendell Holmes

          _____

          > What a marvelous weekend at the Grand Tactical!

          Agreed Tom, great event and beautiful site. Here's a short video of the
          Saturday evening tactical.

          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5PmbElF6EcE

          Regards
          Bill

        • spencersmerc
          Message 4 of 4 , Aug 3, 2010
            Well said, Tom! Thanks so much to everyone who helped put this event together, and who worked so hard to overcome all of the obstacles that were put in your way. You did yourselves proud and produced a wonderful weekend!

            Thanks also to all of the participants who made the drive and turned out in force! You looked wonderful, and all of the comments from the public were glowing in no uncertain terms.

            Well done, all around.

            And now, on to Fort Erie . . .

            -- Sioux