Mississippi Volunteers

  • ronpontiac
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 19, 2010
      In the remininscences of Thomas Anderson he gives an interesting description of his uniform, issued to him prior to setting off to attack Prairie du Chien in 1814:

      "I was made Captain Mounted a red coat Mustered two Epauletts an old Rusty sword and Red cock feather in my round Hat + was at once a Captain of Powwow dimension and lucky for Napoleon and his Hords they were beyond the reach of Andersons Mississippi Volunteers."

      Ron