Re: 1812 British regt lace loops question

  • BritcomHMP@aol.com
    Message 1 of 8 , Jul 9 2:20 PM
      A fine chart but ^th (Iniskilling) Dragoons in the war of 1812? I think not!

      Aye

      Message 2 of 8 , Jul 9 2:35 PM
        Of course that should be 6th!

        A fine chart but ^th (Iniskilling) Dragoons in the war of 1812? I think not!

        Aye

        "... could someone enlighten me as to whether the 57th Regiment had paired lace ..."

      • larrylozon
        Message 3 of 8 , Jul 9 3:41 PM
          Yur Grace

          Don't shoot the messenger!

          I didn't create the list

          I only suggested Will look at it as he was seeking info
          on the 57th Regiment

          Yrs.,
          L2

          Message 4 of 8 , Jul 9 3:53 PM
            Oh Ukle Lar!

            I would never think of shooting you, well not often and only after heavy drinking!

            I went quite deeply into the question of how this story started and I have to say the tale is an interesting and frustratingly elusive one. However it seems to be based on a book only one writer (now dead) has seen of which no copy seems to exist in any national or academic library in the US or UK. In going through the stale it is my speculation (and it can be no more) that if there was an author who served in the British army in the Americas in the war of 1812 in was in the infantry and he was a deserter trying, after the war to make himself seem more important than he was to his American neighbours.

            However I am continuing to research,

            Aye my friend