Link re: flintlocks as firearms?

  • spencersmerc
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 7, 2010
      Hello, all!

      Does anyone have a record of the link on the RCMP site for the letter indicating that flintlocks are not considered firearms (the one that we usually use for crossing the US/Canadian border with flintlocks)? If so, could you please post it or email it to me directly at info(at)spencersmercantile.com? I've lost that bookmark . . . :S

      Thanks so much for your help!
      -- Sioux
    • Mark Dickerson
      Message 2 of 3 , Jul 7, 2010
        Here is the RCMP web site fact sheet on black Powder firearms. Is this what
        you are looking for?

        http://www.rcmp-grc.gc.ca/cfp-pcaf/fs-fd/powder-poudre-eng.htm

        The RCMP do consider flintlocks as firearms and are subject to all the laws
        and regulations regarding the storage and use of firearms, except that they
        are considered 'antique firearms' and thus are

        exempt from the licence and registration requirements set out in the
        Firearms Act.

        Mark D

        Does anyone have a record of the link on the RCMP site for the letter
        indicating that flintlocks are not considered firearms (the one that we
        usually use for crossing the US/Canadian border with flintlocks)? If so,
        could you please post it or email it to me directly at
        info(at)spencersmercantile.com? I've lost that bookmark . . . :S

        Thanks so much for your help!
        -- Sioux

      • Spencer's Mercantile
        Message 3 of 3 , Jul 7, 2010