Photos from Ray and Tom's (41st) Excellent Trip to the U.K.

  • tom4141fournier
    Message 1 of 6 , Jun 30, 2010
      Good afternoon list!

      For those with an interest, some photos can be found at:

      www.fortyfirst.org

      This trip was the culmination of our long planned, but frequently shifted trip for the official dedication of what used to be the Welch Regiment Museum and what became "Firing Line, a Museum of the Welsh Soldier".

      Ray Hobbs and myself represented the North America based 41st Regiment of Foot Military Living History Group. We were staggered by the kindness, generosity and interest that our trip provoked.

      A special thanks to John and Eleanor Grieg and Chrissy Bickley for connecting with us for a delightful dinner.

      Your servant,

      Tom Fournier
      41st Regiment of Foot
    • Peter Catley
      Message 2 of 6 , Jun 30, 2010
        Thanks for the photos, it looks as it you had a good time. What were the dates of your visit?

        Cheers

        *(*

        On 30 Jun 2010, at 19:20, tom4141fournier wrote:

        > Good afternoon list!
        >
        > For those with an interest, some photos can be found at:
        >
        > www.fortyfirst.org
        >
        > This trip was the culmination of our long planned, but frequently shifted trip for the official dedication of what used to be the Welch Regiment Museum and what became "Firing Line, a Museum of the Welsh Soldier".
        >
        > Ray Hobbs and myself represented the North America based 41st Regiment of Foot Military Living History Group. We were staggered by the kindness, generosity and interest that our trip provoked.
        >
        > A special thanks to John and Eleanor Grieg and Chrissy Bickley for connecting with us for a delightful dinner.
        >
        > Your servant,
        >
        > Tom Fournier
        > 41st Regiment of Foot

      • tom4141fournier
        Message 3 of 6 , Jun 30, 2010
          We were there from the 23rd through to the 29th

          It was all a wonderful time!

          --- In WarOf1812@yahoogroups.com, Peter Catley <peter.catley@...> wrote:

          > Thanks for the photos, it looks as it you had a good time. What were the dates of your visit?
          >
          > Cheers
          >
          > *(*
          >
          > On 30 Jun 2010, at 19:20, tom4141fournier wrote:
          >
          > > Good afternoon list!
          > >
          > > For those with an interest, some photos can be found at:
          > >
          > > www.fortyfirst.org
          > >
          > > This trip was the culmination of our long planned, but frequently shifted trip for the official dedication of what used to be the Welch Regiment Museum and what became "Firing Line, a Museum of the Welsh Soldier".
          > >
          > > Ray Hobbs and myself represented the North America based 41st Regiment of Foot Military Living History Group. We were staggered by the kindness, generosity and interest that our trip provoked.
          > >
          > > A special thanks to John and Eleanor Grieg and Chrissy Bickley for connecting with us for a delightful dinner.
          > >
          > > Your servant,
          > >
          > > Tom Fournier
          > > 41st Regiment of Foot

        • JOHN GREIG
          Message 4 of 6 , Jun 30, 2010
            Thank you for your kind words............all the best, Squire

            ________________________________

            Message 5 of 6 , Jul 1, 2010
              How wonderful! Tom I must ask, was their footage of Afghanistan from a "head cam" My nephew served and I believe his footage was used as part of the museum presentation!
              Thanks!
              Angela

              --- In WarOf1812@yahoogroups.com, JOHN GREIG <je.greig@...> wrote:

              > Thank you for your kind words............all the best, Squire

            • tom4141fournier
              Message 6 of 6 , Jul 1, 2010
                Sorry Anglela, I can't really say ... we were cramming in the museum visit between the ceremony/parade and the luncheon that followed so we were a little rushed