Re: Stoney Creek

  • biggest_plume
    Message 1 of 90 , Jun 7, 2010
      It was so nice to see so many of you at Stoney Creek. A great weekend of companionship and meeting new people
      A big Huzzah to all of the event organizers for an outstanding job. Biggest crowds I recall seeing.

      Be well, rested and dry!
      "Drums"

      --- In WarOf1812@yahoogroups.com, "tom4141fournier" <tom4141fournier@...> wrote:

      > Good evening List!
      >
      > Weather seemed to be a common topic in the post event discussions last year. We can carry on with Stoney Creek 2010.
      >
      > A booming thunderstorm on Friday night which was followed up by a pounding rain and then ongoing showers through Saturday night into Sunday morning made for an interesting weekend.
      >
      > How nice that the weather cleared in time for reasonably dry canvas for the trek home.
      >
      > So many of our reenactor friends are involved in the planning and preparation for this event. To our good friends and also the staff and volunteers; thank you and congratulations! We all know too well that you cannot control the weather. In spite of the weather, I personally had a wonderful weekend.
      >
      > What huge crowds came out in support of all the battles, even the Sunday battle!
      >
      > All in all a very good weekend! Huzza!
      >
      > Tom Fournier, Captain
      > 41st Regiment

    • Craig Williams
      Message 90 of 90 , Apr 13
        Hey there everyone!

        It's that time again. Stoney Creek is coming on June 6th and 7th.
        Registration is up on the Stoney Creek website,   http://www.battlefieldhouse.ca/reenactors.asp   .

        Battlefield House is holding their customary "History in Action" day on Thursday (no school on Friday) and would like to have some re-enactors to help.
        If you're able to help please contact Susan Ramsey.

        There will be the customary battles and entertainment and there will also be the Cast-Iron cook off on Saturday with prize money going to the winner and on Sunday the Musket fire Eliminator with a powder and flint prize!

        Please register at your earliest convenience!

        See you there,

        Craig Williams