Stoney Creek

  • tom4141fournier
    Message 1 of 90 , Jun 6, 2010
      Good evening List!

      Weather seemed to be a common topic in the post event discussions last year. We can carry on with Stoney Creek 2010.

      A booming thunderstorm on Friday night which was followed up by a pounding rain and then ongoing showers through Saturday night into Sunday morning made for an interesting weekend.

      How nice that the weather cleared in time for reasonably dry canvas for the trek home.

      So many of our reenactor friends are involved in the planning and preparation for this event. To our good friends and also the staff and volunteers; thank you and congratulations! We all know too well that you cannot control the weather. In spite of the weather, I personally had a wonderful weekend.

      What huge crowds came out in support of all the battles, even the Sunday battle!

      All in all a very good weekend! Huzza!

      Tom Fournier, Captain
      41st Regiment
    • Craig Williams
      Message 90 of 90 , Apr 13, 2015
        Hey there everyone!

        It's that time again. Stoney Creek is coming on June 6th and 7th.
        Registration is up on the Stoney Creek website,   http://www.battlefieldhouse.ca/reenactors.asp   .

        Battlefield House is holding their customary "History in Action" day on Thursday (no school on Friday) and would like to have some re-enactors to help.
        If you're able to help please contact Susan Ramsey.

        There will be the customary battles and entertainment and there will also be the Cast-Iron cook off on Saturday with prize money going to the winner and on Sunday the Musket fire Eliminator with a powder and flint prize!

        Please register at your earliest convenience!

        See you there,

        Craig Williams