Fort Meigs ...Wow!

  • tom4141fournier
    Message 1 of 6 , May 30, 2010
      I just finished unloading the van from the weekend at Fort Meigs.

      As always an absolutely wonderful weekend - fantastic weather, an amazing site, superb hosts and an excellent community.

      For a year when it was not a Grand Tactical or Crown Forces event, there was an excellent turnout of Brits ...but oh those Americans. What an incredible horde! It was something to see.

      Thank you so much to everyone who put so much effort into planning and staging the event and then making us feel so welcome and appreciated.

      Your Servant,

      Tom Fournier, Captain
      Officer Commanding, 41st Regiment
      www.fortyfirst.org
    • petemonahan
      Message 2 of 6 , May 31, 2010
        I'd like to second Captain Fornier's remarks: a great event and wonderful hosts. Sorry to bug out before your Sunday retribution for our Saturday win.

        Many thanks; well done!

        Peter Monahan, Sgt Major
      • Ken
        Message 3 of 6 , May 31, 2010
          On behalf of the Incorporated Militia of Upper Canada I would also like to extend our thanks for an amazing weekend. This was the first trip to the fort for all of us and we will certainly be back.
          Also a thankyou to the 41st for allowing us to fall in with them.

        • JGIL1812@aol.com
          Message 4 of 6 , May 31, 2010
            As a am sitting here at the airport in Detroit waiting for my plane back to LA , I have to second everyone's comments. A super event with a re enactor friendly staff, great friends in both blue and red, powder to burn and a public that appreciates what we do.

            I am already making plans for next year.

            JG/RE

            From: "Ken" <ken.helen@...>
            Date: Mon, 31 May 2010 14:46:36
            To: <WarOf1812@yahoogroups.com>
            Subject: 1812 Re: Fort Meigs ...Wow!

            On behalf of the Incorporated Militia of Upper Canada I would also like to extend our thanks for an amazing weekend. This was the first trip to the fort for all of us and we will certainly be back.
            Also a thankyou to the 41st for allowing us to fall in with them.

            --- In WarOf1812@yahoogroups.com, "petemonahan" <petemonahan@...> wrote:

            > I'd like to second Captain Fornier's remarks: a great event and wonderful hosts. Sorry to bug out before your Sunday retribution for our Saturday win.
            >
            > Many thanks; well done!
            >
            > Peter Monahan, Sgt Major

          • Stephen
            Message 5 of 6 , May 31, 2010
              We too had a great time. Thanks to all who made it so. (just making it back to Kansas!)

              Captain S. Allie
              3/95th
            • Thad Stern
              Message 6 of 6 , May 31, 2010
                 Ft Meigs was a blast! Thanks to all the Staff at the Fort, the ladies who cooked a delicious dinner and our commander Col. Trumbull. I enjoyed drilling in the hot sun and learned a few new things.... sounds stupid for a militia man, probably heat stroke!

                It was great to see our Brit buddies! Cpt. Fournier's and Cpt. Dennison's commands and the Royal Scot Lights'!  Larry, Glen and Gordo. You all are always impressive whether in large numbers or not.

                take care and we'll see you soon,
                Thad Stern, 1st Sgt 2nd KY Vols

                p.s. the wheel burning and blood sausage was great!