The Captain's travels

  • Ray Hobbs
    Message 1 of 2 , May 10, 2010
      Forty First, and members of the 1812 community:
      He, being too modest to inform you himself, Captain Fournier is likely to slip away this week to perform a duty of some significance, and say little about it. So I assume the role of herald.
      This week Captain Fournier will be traveling to the depths of Ohio, to the upper reaches of the Maumee River, in fact as far as Brevet Major Adam Muir of the 41st Foot, ventured in the fall of 1812 with a force of Native Warriors and 41st men, and some ordinance.
      Muir's venture resulted in the deepest penetration into US territory in the north-west during the war. It also put the wind up General Winchester of the US Army!
      The way in which Muir handled himself and his small force on this
      campaign highlighted his field expertise, and solidified his reputation
      as a first-class officer of infantry.
      Captain Fournier will be addressing a company of historians, local society members and academics on this campaign of Muir's. He will also be present at the celebration of the unveiling a plaque mentioning the British advance.
      This is a signal honour for the Captain, and displays the high esteem in which he is held by historians of the war. We, as members of the 41st regiment may take pride in this achievement, and bask in the reflected glory of the honour.
      Huzzah Captain!
      Our heartiest congratulations and God speed.
      Yr Most Humble and Obedient Servant
      R. Hobbs, Hon Col.
      41st Regiment of Foot

    • larrylozon
      Message 2 of 2 , May 10, 2010
        Near the Grand River
        Upper Canada

        Huzzah Captain Fournier!

        I have the honor to be
        with great respect
        Sir,

        Your most Obt. Hble. Svt.

        Larry Lozon ~ AdC
        Crown Forces North America
        Gentleman Volunteer
        Company A, 7th Regiment of United States Infantry Living History Association