“New Perspectives on the Battle of Bladensburg”

  • John
    Message 1 of 1 , May 6, 2010
      QUARTERLY LECTURE AT RIVERSDALE

      Riversdale (in Maryland) is trying something new this year and offering our scholarly lectures once every quarter. This year's spring lecture will be held Tuesday, May 18, 2010 at 7:30 pm. Donald Shomette, underwater archaeologist, historian, and author, will present his talk, "New Perspectives on the Battle of Bladensburg." Shomette has recently published his book, Flotilla: The Patuxent Naval Campaign in the War of 1812, and will provide insight into his research during the lecture.

      Lectures are $5 for adults and $2.50 for students with a valid ID. This is a walk-in program and reservations are not required.

      Riversdale House Museum, a National Historic Landmark, is located at 4811 Riverdale Road in Riverdale Park, Maryland. For more information or reservations, call 301-864-0420 TTY 301-699-2544. Visit our website at www.pgparks.com or email Riversdale@....

      This facility is owned and operated by The Maryland-National Capital Park and Planning Commission, Department of Parks and Recreation, Prince George's County.

      Call 301-864-0420 or email riversdale@... for more information.

      http://www.pgparks.com/places/eleganthistoric/riversdale_intro.html