Rifle Uniform

  • Kieven
    Message 1 of 13 , May 5, 2010
      Hi. I am starting a range of 1812 28mm wargame figures, and the first unit I have decided on is, a rifle regiment in the fringed hunting coat. What I need to know is what the officer would be wearing also the drummer, I have assumed the standard bearer would be wearing the same as the troops.Look forward to hearing from you.
    • Mark Dickerson
      Message 2 of 13 , May 5, 2010
        Are you looking at doing British or US? Forsyth's Rifles? Dolsen's Rifles?
        There are many to choose from.

        Mark D

        Message 3 of 13 , May 5, 2010
          Mark

          The post was, " I have decided on is, a rifle regiment in the fringed hunting coat."

          therefore he has decided on US Rifles, Perhaps he should contact someone who portrays a USA Rifleman by visiting http://usforces1812.tripod.com

          Dolsen's Rifles were a Crown Unit and my research so far is they had no uniforms.

          Yrs.
          L2

          --- "Mark Dickerson" wrote:

          Are you looking at doing British or US? Forsyth's Rifles? Dolsen's Rifles? There are many to choose from.

          On Behalf Of Kieven

        • Grenzer7@aol.com
          Message 4 of 13 , May 6, 2010
            What I need to know is what the officer would be wearing also the drummer,
            I have assumed the standard bearer would be wearing the same as the troops.

            So far as I know, officers may be in the regulation uniform (green or gray)
            while the bugler (no drummer) could be in either regulation uniform or the
            hunting frock, but more likely the regulation uniform. The U.S. Rifles
            wouldn't carry colours in the field, so no need of the standard bearer...
            unless you're on parade.

            John Goldsworthy
            St. Thomas, ON

            "Anyone can grow up; It takes a real man to be a boy all his life."

          • Kieven
            Message 5 of 13 , May 6, 2010
              That is much appreciated, I had thought about the drummer after I had posted the question, but the standard bearer I did not know.With the bugler would it be the circular type horn ie as in the AWI or the more modern type. Thankyou everyone for your help.

              Message 6 of 13 , May 8, 2010
                Regarding the bugle, I'm unsure. The only information I've run across is
                that the bugle was the more circular hunting horn rather than the more
                elongated modern bugle. But like I said, I'm unsure.

                Message 7 of 13 , May 9, 2010
                  Thanks for that, I have been pointed towards a picture by someone and it cleary shows a rifleman with a French horn, so that is another part of the puzzle solved