RE: 1812 Petition to Prime Minister to restore title "Royal Canadian Navy and Air Force"

  • Tom Hurlbut
    Message 1 of 4 , May 4, 2010
      Thanks Sarah. We of a naval persuasion have been looking at this for a
      while.

      Gawd, I love tradition! Even short term ones!

      "Commander" Tom

      _____

      Subject: 1812 Petition to Prime Minister to restore title "Royal Canadian
      Navy and Air Force"

      <snip

      Esteemed List, my apologies this is a little off-topic.

      The Monarchist League of Canada cordially invites you to contact Prime
      Minister Harper requesting the Canadian Navy and Air Force be restored with
      the proud title of "Royal Canadian Navy and Air Force." Please contact
      pm@... <mailto:pm%40pm.gc.ca> .

      Thank you,
      Sarah More

    • petemonahan
      Message 2 of 4 , May 5, 2010
        I wish to apologize for my churlish outburst yesterday in answer to Sarah More's posting. It was unmannerly and uncalled for. Again, my apologies.

        In fact, I think the restoration of the title "Royal Canadian Navy" would be an excellent idea, preserving the traditions of a noble service. Happy Birthday, RCN!

        Peter Monahan

        P.S. Ed, I said I was pedantic. I never said I could type!