Re: 1812 Re: Petition to Prime Minister to restore title "Royal Canadian Navy and Air Force"

  • John-Paul Johnson
    Message 1 of 4 , May 4 12:13 PM
      If I might add something to Peter's Post:

      The Minister of National Defence, just this past weekend, announced the return of the "Executive Curl" to the sleeve braid of Canadian naval officers' uniforms as part of the celebration of the Canadian Naval Centennial. The rumour mill on this has been going for several months now.

      Now, seeing as today is actually the Navy's 100th birthday and seeing that this petition has been kicking around for a number of years; if the title Royal Canadian Navy was going to be restored now would be the time and I think we'd've heard something already. That would be just TOO big an announce to stay secret for long.

      Happy B-day to Canadian Navy!

      J-P Johnson

      ________________________________
      Message 2 of 4 , May 4 1:47 PM
        Thanks Sarah. We of a naval persuasion have been looking at this for a
        while.

        Gawd, I love tradition! Even short term ones!

        "Commander" Tom

        _____

        Subject: 1812 Petition to Prime Minister to restore title "Royal Canadian
        Navy and Air Force"

        <snip

        Esteemed List, my apologies this is a little off-topic.

        The Monarchist League of Canada cordially invites you to contact Prime
        Minister Harper requesting the Canadian Navy and Air Force be restored with
        the proud title of "Royal Canadian Navy and Air Force." Please contact
        pm@... <mailto:pm%40pm.gc.ca> .

        Thank you,
        Sarah More

      • petemonahan
        Message 3 of 4 , May 5 4:23 AM
          I wish to apologize for my churlish outburst yesterday in answer to Sarah More's posting. It was unmannerly and uncalled for. Again, my apologies.

          In fact, I think the restoration of the title "Royal Canadian Navy" would be an excellent idea, preserving the traditions of a noble service. Happy Birthday, RCN!

          Peter Monahan

          P.S. Ed, I said I was pedantic. I never said I could type!