Longwoods Thank You!

  • tom4141fournier
    Message 1 of 4 , May 2, 2010
      Good evening list!

      I would like to extend a heartfelt thank you to the Upper Thames Military Re-Enactment Society (Royal Scots Lights) for another great Longwoods weekend.

      Not sure how you guys pulled it off with the weather, but with a forecast that seemed to indicate another wet weekend, we suffered only showers in the morning before the site really opened to the public.

      To all who worked to bring us something different (new and interesting battle scenarios, the new march for the British, etc.) thank you! It is great to continue to learn and also to work in some variety.

      Congratulations to the Royal Scots Lights for winning the drill competition. You guys were magnificent! And to the 89th and the Glengarries who joined the 41st in putting up the opposition ...well done! It was great to see you guys out there competing.

      It was so wonderful seeing so many great friends in what promises to be another great season!

      Huzza!

      Tom Fournier, Captain
      Officer Commanding, 41st Regiment
    • Paul Watson
      Message 2 of 4 , May 2, 2010
        Hi all !

        On behalf of the 21st US Treats Company I would like to thank the Royal Scots Lights and everyone who helped with the running of yet another great event and the kick of to yet another GREAT year!  In spite of the rain shower, briefly, on Saturday, a good time was had and my company was challenged with yet another great series of battles.

        Well Done indeed!!!

        Paul,

        21st US, Treats Company

      • spencersmerc
        Message 3 of 4 , May 3, 2010
          . . . adding my thanks to the Scots for all of their hard work, and also sending a thanks to everyone who came out and helped make this a great kick-off to the season! It was wonderful to see everyone after the long winter, and to meet all of the new people who are entering our great hobby.

          I'm delighted to tell you that everyone made it out with dry(ish) canvas last night, which, as Tom said, was a wonderful surprise after the weather forecast!

          Now looking forward to the season more than ever . . .

          Cheers to all, and see you at Stoney Creek (hint, hint - get those registrations in!)!
          -- Sioux
        • kellys1812
          Message 4 of 4 , May 3, 2010
            On behalf of The Incorporated Militia of Upper Canada and The Campfollowers I would like to send out thanks to Brad Stott and the Royal Scots for yet another great start to the 1812 season. All year we "count the sleeps" to Longwoods and are never disappointed. This extremely well run event is always one of the highlights of our season. This year's battle scenarios also came off well. Thank you Craig and Peter. The "Form Four" came off brilliantly!

            Paul Kelly
            IMUC

            Only 361 sleeps until Longwoods!