Re: 1812 Re: Fw: [starspangled200] new book on James Wilkinson

  • richard lytle
    Message 1 of 2 , May 1 7:12 AM
      As a follow-up to James Yaworsky's comments, I would like to add my impressions of the book recently published entitled James Wilkinson: Artist in Treason. I found that book to be very enlightening regarding the activities of that man and especially strong in the research that was done in Europe. However, the author's color comments regarding the US Army officers and activities with which the General interacted and operated left me with the feeling that the general atmosphere, character and characteristics were not fully understood and thus misrepresented. Yes, that was a minor drawback and therefore excusable when compared to the bulk of the otherwise excellent work.

      Richard Lytle