Re: Cartridge/Ammunition Shipping Cases

  • nappingcrow
    Message 1 of 35 , Apr 30, 2010
      Kathryn and Ron,
      Thank you both for the responses - I'll follow up with Parks Canada as I can. Ron, I'd love to see any pictures you can provide...
      Regards,
      Brian Smith
    • nappingcrow
      Message 35 of 35 , May 3 10:25 AM
        Hi Ron,

        "Are you looking to reproduce it?"

        A simple question, which requires a slightly more complex answer.

        I'd like as much information (pics, measurements construction information etc.) as possible for my own personal education. Beyond that, ideally yes, I'd like to reproduce it, but an exact reproduction would depend on several things:

        1. Permission - I won't do any kind of reproduction of a museum piece unless I'm granted the right by the museum or current owner. This may also be restricted by number (e.g. one copy), or use (personal or sale), or in some other fashion (e.g. allowing/restricting publication of any data obtained in a journal article, or sale of plans).

        2. Opportunity - An exact reproduction would require exact measurements from the original.

        3. Size. I cannot reproduce a full sized horse drawn caisson because I do not have the space for construction or storage of a piece that size. A chest would be possible.

        4. Cost, in materials and time. Things are tight for everyone these days, and I can't afford to sink two thousand dollars in materials and a thousand hours in time into a project which might only gather dust in my garage.

        There may be more, but that's off the top of my head :-)

        Regards,
        Brian Smith