Numbers?

  • annbwass@aol.com
    Message 1 of 8 , Apr 27, 2010
      I'm working on a project where I am trying to get a feel for the total
      number of War of 1812 reenactors in the U.S. I've been to the Tripod site but
      don't see an appropriate site to address with this question. Can this
      group either provide me with that information or tell me who might have it?
      It would be even better if I could get a breakdown of military vs.
      non-military. Of course, I realize that is asking A LOT! I have, of course,
      checked Yahoo! Groups to see how many members this list (and 1812Civilian) have.

      Thanks for whatever enlightenment you can provide.

      Ann Wass

    • HQ93rd@aol.com
      Message 2 of 8 , Apr 28, 2010
        2.

        Except on odd Tuesdays.

        93rd SHRoFLHU
        THE Thin Red Line
        www.93rdhighlanders.com
        www.myspace.com/93rdhighlanders
        www.new.facebook.com/people/Sutherland_Highlanders/1120912511

        Message 3 of 8 , Apr 28, 2010
          Well, that's a start. How many on the odd Tuesdays?

          Ann Wass

          In a message dated 4/28/2010 3:04:40 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
          HQ93rd@... writes:

          2.

          Except on odd Tuesdays.

          93rd SHRoFLHU
          THE Thin Red Line
          www.93rdhighlanderswww.
          www.myspace.www.myspace.<WBRwww
          www.new.facebook.www.new.facwww.new.facwww.new.facewww.new.fa

          Message 4 of 8 , Apr 28, 2010
            If it does not already exist, I would suggest that the an "interested party" here be selected to run a data base, with regional numbers. An e-mail could then go out to eveyone on this list to report their group. sounds simple enough.

            Message 5 of 8 , Apr 28, 2010
              Are you looking for just 1812 re-enactors who are American? Or all re-enactors who portray US troops? OR just American re-enactors who portray US troops? Because there are some Canadians who dress as Americans, and some Americans who dress as British, or natives.

              Mark D

              Message 6 of 8 , Apr 28, 2010
                Are you looking for just 1812 re-enactors who are American? Or all re-enactors who portray US troops? OR just American re-enactors who portray US troops? Because there are some Canadians who dress as Americans, and some Americans who dress as British, or natives.

                Well, this may be more complex than anyone wants to get into. I, personally, am interested in everyone who portrays a US persona. However, I could see value in all of the above, and, if indeed someone would undertake to collect the data, it seems to me it would be simplest just to capture it all.

                Ann Wass

                Are you looking for just 1812 re-enactors who are American? Or all re-enactors who portray US troops? OR just American re-enactors who portray US troops? Because there are some Canadians who dress as Americans, and some Americans who dress as British, or natives.

                Mark D

                number of War of 1812 reenactors in the U.S.

              • Ed
                Message 7 of 8 , Apr 28, 2010
                  --- In WarOf1812@yahoogroups.com, annbwass@... wrote:

                  > Well, this may be more complex than anyone wants to get into. I,
                  > personally, am interested in everyone who portrays a US persona.

                  Ann,

                  Trying to gather the entire American Army for Bladensburg?

                  Get all you want and we'll still whip 'em!

                  Cheers,

                  Ed Seufert, Cpl
                  1812 Royal Marines
                  US Re-enactor Doing British
                • Neebs
                  Message 8 of 8 , Apr 29, 2010
                    If it wasn't for the fact that we have to be historically accurate as to who wins the battle, I'd contest that. :-P

                    Amanda K. Nebel
                    Capt. Edward Aisquith's Sharpshooters
                    1st Maryland Rifle Battalion