so dentists really *are* sadists... [joke]

  • James Yaworsky
    Message 1 of 35 , Apr 22, 2010
      The rest of us always suspected this... and now, here's proof...:

      --- In WarOf1812@yahoogroups.com, "Mark Dickerson" <mdickerson1@...> wrote:
      [snip]
      > "Except the bands we use are all linked together with a wire. Then I get to
      > tighten them!!! Yee haw!"

    • nappingcrow
      Message 35 of 35 , May 3, 2010
        Hi Ron,

        "Are you looking to reproduce it?"

        A simple question, which requires a slightly more complex answer.

        I'd like as much information (pics, measurements construction information etc.) as possible for my own personal education. Beyond that, ideally yes, I'd like to reproduce it, but an exact reproduction would depend on several things:

        1. Permission - I won't do any kind of reproduction of a museum piece unless I'm granted the right by the museum or current owner. This may also be restricted by number (e.g. one copy), or use (personal or sale), or in some other fashion (e.g. allowing/restricting publication of any data obtained in a journal article, or sale of plans).

        2. Opportunity - An exact reproduction would require exact measurements from the original.

        3. Size. I cannot reproduce a full sized horse drawn caisson because I do not have the space for construction or storage of a piece that size. A chest would be possible.

        4. Cost, in materials and time. Things are tight for everyone these days, and I can't afford to sink two thousand dollars in materials and a thousand hours in time into a project which might only gather dust in my garage.

        There may be more, but that's off the top of my head :-)

        Regards,
        Brian Smith