Re: 1812 militia mustering

  • MasterAtArms
    Message 1 of 6 , Apr 2, 2010
      --- In WarOf1812@yahoogroups.com, ronaldjdale@... wrote:
      "... An 1812 amendment extended the provisions of the 1808 Act. It called for the formation by each battalion of militia of two flank companies, each composed of one hundred men who could be ordered by the lieutenant governor "to march to any part of this province, upon any such duty as he shall think necessary". The flank companies could be called out for exercise and training for six days in each month and the Act repealed the section of the 1808 Act which limited the period of actual service to six months. "

      Ron:

      Correct me if I am mistaken, but was this amendment not one of the measures instituted by Gen. Sir Isaac Brock himself, in preparation for hostilities with the U.S. he was sure were coming?

      ~Dale