Re: Conflicting events, AWI Vs 1812

  • usmarine1814
    Message 1 of 14 , Apr 1, 2010
      Ft. George was set 2 years ago and the Sack. Harb. event (for the past 7 years) has beenthe first Weekend of every August(whether it be anentire of half weekend). This now known I must withdraw, and apologize for my previous comments (ie "asinine and discourteous")because of my sincere high regards for both sites, staffs and for those who put in great effort to help plan these events year in and year out for the enjoyment of the rest of us.

      YHOS
      C Murphy
      USS CON 1812 MG
      USMCHC

      --- In WarOf1812@yahoogroups.com, "Tom Hurlbut" <hurlbut8646@...> wrote:

      > Hi Dave
      >

      > Yes, I have heard (got an earful, in fact) that the George event was on the
      > books a while ago. I guess I/we need to pay more attention.
      >

      > Tom
      >

      > _____

    • "Captain Jack"
      Message 2 of 14 , Apr 1, 2010
        It would of been a great opportunity for our 1st Bn 23rd RWF to do two events back east had one or the other been on ajoining weekends, As our parent unit is the RWFA or Rev-War we are attending Fort George, would of be nice to catch Sackets Harbor the weekend before or after.

        Cheers Captain "Jack" Pritchard Royal Welsh Fusiliers in America Homepage

        Captain Joseph Ferguson's Company 23rd Regiment of Foot Royal Welch Fusiliers Foundation for Early America

        1st Bn. RWF 23rd in Spain 1809 Fusiliers in Spain