Conflicting events, AWI Vs 1812

  • Tom Hurlbut
    Message 1 of 14 , Mar 31, 2010
      Hi Dave

      Yes, I have heard (got an earful, in fact) that the George event was on the
      books a while ago. I guess I/we need to pay more attention.

      Tom

      _____

      Message 2 of 14 , Apr 1, 2010
        Fort George -

        If the Grand tactical was not opposite this event, Ft George would be my next choice for FERRET. Indeed, if I had heard of it sooner there is a strong chance I'd be there instead.

        This was the site of the first re-enactment that we ever attended (thanks to Peter R - or "curse you Peter R" depending on the event) and decided to form the group a short while later.

        Fort George has been very good to us through the years and we are always happy to support them when we can.

        WarOf1812@yahoogroups.com writes:

        >Hi Dave
        >
        >Yes, I have heard (got an earful, in fact) that the George event was on the
        >books a while ago. I guess I/we need to pay more attention.
        >
        >Tom
      • usmarine1814
        Message 3 of 14 , Apr 1, 2010
          Ft. George was set 2 years ago and the Sack. Harb. event (for the past 7 years) has beenthe first Weekend of every August(whether it be anentire of half weekend). This now known I must withdraw, and apologize for my previous comments (ie "asinine and discourteous")because of my sincere high regards for both sites, staffs and for those who put in great effort to help plan these events year in and year out for the enjoyment of the rest of us.

          YHOS
          C Murphy
          USS CON 1812 MG
          USMCHC

          --- In WarOf1812@yahoogroups.com, "Tom Hurlbut" <hurlbut8646@...> wrote:

          > Hi Dave
          >

          > Yes, I have heard (got an earful, in fact) that the George event was on the
          > books a while ago. I guess I/we need to pay more attention.
          >

          > Tom
          >

          > _____

        • "Captain Jack"
          Message 4 of 14 , Apr 1, 2010
            It would of been a great opportunity for our 1st Bn 23rd RWF to do two events back east had one or the other been on ajoining weekends, As our parent unit is the RWFA or Rev-War we are attending Fort George, would of be nice to catch Sackets Harbor the weekend before or after.

            Cheers Captain "Jack" Pritchard Royal Welsh Fusiliers in America Homepage

            Captain Joseph Ferguson's Company 23rd Regiment of Foot Royal Welch Fusiliers Foundation for Early America

            1st Bn. RWF 23rd in Spain 1809 Fusiliers in Spain