RE: 1812 Constitution at Sackets Harbor?

  • Tom Hurlbut
    Message 1 of 18 , Mar 25, 2010
      Well then, I shall smile as I duck! ;-)

      Cheers!

      Tom

      _____

      From: WarOf1812@yahoogroups.com [mailto:WarOf1812@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf
      Of Robert White
      Sent: March 25, 2010 4:52 PM
      To: WarOf1812@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: Re: 1812 Constitution at Sackets Harbor?

      Sure we have been more than friends, allies and comrades for more than 200
      years and what we now do we do not as enemies but players in the larger
      game. Hence, my last comment about the local taverns where we can all be as
      one. I must say that the year I attended the "School of the Sailor" with
      the permission of Commodore Suthren that I was most surprised when this
      "spy" who lost his sailor gear in favor of his Marine uniform was saluted in
      town by all with a rousing version of the Marine Hymn. Jolly good show,
      Sir. See you at Sacket's. You will easily recognize me, I am usually the
      one to the back right of the cannon who yells - FIREbut I smile when I do
      it. (chuckling) Bob White

    • Timothy Abel
      Message 2 of 18 , Mar 25, 2010
        In answer to your question about stipends, the Battlefield Alliance is working on this issue. We would like to fund every boat, but to what extent will depend on how many boats commit to comming. We are also toying with cannon allowances and meal offerings. We should know more in a few weeks as the numers begin to make themselves known. Stay tuned.