Re: Rifles- vs. Light Infantry

  • Sean
    Message 1 of 5 , Feb 2, 2000

      >Actually a little before that --- there was this place called the Crimea.....
      >
      >Cheers!

      Sorry Benton... this is an oft overlooked wonderfully brutal little war in
      which the Minie was used to great effect quite some time before the
      Americans put it into practice. I should have known to be more sensitive to
      the gallantry of the vaunted "Thin Red Line." ;-)

      S´┐Żan
    • IX Regiment
      Message 2 of 5 , Feb 2, 2000
        >Sorry Benton... this is an oft overlooked wonderfully brutal little war in
        >which the Minie was used to great effect quite some time before the
        >Americans put it into practice. I should have known to be more sensitive to
        >the gallantry of the vaunted "Thin Red Line." ;-)
        >
        >San

        and it wasn't just the thin red line, there were a lot of other good
        units there even if the Command wasn't up to much.

        Cheers

        P**
        --
        IX Regiment