NY parks

  • CyrusWakefield.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 12, 2010
      As you can see from the note below, Governor Patterson's proposed policy is already affecting New York State events. If you are planning to protest, now would be a great time to do it.
      Cheers,

      Sutler Cyrus
      www.cyruswakefield.com

      Jeff,
      Unfortunately Gov. Patterson cut the state park budget so there is a possibility that several of our parks and state historic sites, many of which are Rev War or War of 1812 battlefields including Fort Ontario and Sacketts Harbor, will be closed if the senate and assembly pass the budget. Newtown is on the list to be totally closed and we had no choice but to cancel the event so that people could have time to plan something else. We are doing an event in New Milford PA with Chris Kane at Old Mill Village in place of Elmira. It will be small because some people have already planned on other things. We go there in October also. There are many people very upset over the parks closing. You will be getting a letter about the cancellation. We will really miss seeing you. Our Rev War event is still up in the air. We are looking for other places to have it and also next years Civil War event. There is information on the Chemung Valley Living History website on how to protest these cuts and the legislators seem to be listening even if the Gov. is not. Joe and Cheryl
      --
      Cheryl Fedorchak