Wasaga under Siege 2010 - Registration Open

  • DAVID BRUNELLE
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 7, 2010
      Wasaga under Siege

      "A War of 1812 Experience"

      July 23rd , 24th, 25th/2010

      Hi Everyone,

      Just a quick reminder and update on what will be happening at Wasaga under
      Siege 2010. Please review the information that has been provided and if you
      have not registered yet I encourage you all to do so ASAP. Visit our
      website which is currently being updated at www.wasagaundersiege1812.com .

      Building on the huge success of past Wasaga under Siege events,
      the Historic Military Establishment of Upper Canada in partnership with the
      Town of Wasaga Beach, Ontario Parks and Nancy Island Historic Site look
      forward to hosting you once again from July 23rd to the 25th/2010. Wasaga
      under Siege "A War of 1812 Experience" will once again come to life as over
      400 re-enactors will take part echoing history once again through the
      streets and waters of Wasaga Beach and Nancy Island Historic Site.

      We have put together a great weekend for re-enactors and
      spectators alike! Re-enactors will enjoy a safe Grand Encampment area on
      Historic Nancy Island, water, food, entertainment, drinks, souvenir and 4
      battles on 3 different battlefields including river battles. Battles will
      be fought all over the town of Wasaga Beach with parading, pillaging,
      cannons, muskets, longboats and voyageur canoes. We will be using all our
      talents and proven Wasaga under Siege 1812 hospitality to make sure all
      re-enactors & participants feel welcomed and satisfied that it was worth the
      trip.

      Wasaga Beach, Ontario as many of you already know host the longest
      fresh water beach in the world and attracts thousands of tourist each day to
      its beaches and attractions. Re-enactors and their families will have the
      opportunity to enjoy the historical components of the event as well as the
      beach and modern attractions such as shopping, restaurants, waterslides,
      midway, paintball and other attractions to numerous to mention.

      Merchants, blanket traders and artisans are welcomed free of
      charge and we are in the process of setting up a great musical line-up and
      entertainment.

      All re-enactors who portray any aspect of the War of 1812 are
      welcomed to participate. They can include - British and American Regulars
      or Militia, Navy Personnel, Cannon Crews, Natives, Voyageurs, Rendezvous,
      and Men, Women & Children civilians. Re-enactors who wish to bring cannons,
      bateaus, canoes and cavalry can negotiate with me for travel, haulage or
      powder compensation.

      Sunday morning will also feature the Redcoat Iron-man and
      Iron-women contest that has proven to be a popular event not only to
      participate in, but to watch as well, with prizes going out to the winners.

      If you are registering on-line please register individually or
      as an immediate family unit. No group registrations will be accepted unless
      pre-approved. This gives us a more accurate number for logistics, food and
      actual people attending and camping on the island.

      Look forward to seeing everyone in July.

      David Brunelle

      Co-ordinator

      WUS 2010