Great News from Port Dover!

  • tom4141fournier
    Message 1 of 4 , Mar 2, 2010
      Good evening list

      I had the good fortune to participate in a meeting in Port Dover tonight with Sioux Spencer and a number of our fine friends from our reenacting community.

      We joined Ian Bell to meet at the Harbour Museum with a cross section of Museum volunteers, community leaders, local media and local businesses to discuss the Port Dover Maritime and 1812 event.

      While we were there we found out that at the same time, Town Council was meeting and approved the revised budget and the event for 2010.

      Port Dover is definitely a go for this season!

      Even more encouraging was the enthusiastic response from the local community who have really enjoyed the event and have liked what they have seen to date.

      They recognize the tremendous opportunity that they have gained with the event being designated as a Crown Forces event this season and they are anxious to pitch in and make this event as good as possible.

      With the support of the reenacting community we can really open the back part of the Silver Lake Park and take advantage of acres and acres of glorious space for our battle scenarios.

      Please give Port Dover a try this year, I think you will be pleased with the quality of the park setting right in the middle of the community as well as the enthusiasm and energy that the community has for the event.

      Tom Fournier
      41st Regiment
    • gary beauregard
      Message 2 of 4 , Mar 3, 2010
        Port Dover? Where is that?

        Beau
      • Spencer's Mercantile
        Message 3 of 4 , Mar 3, 2010
          Port Dover, Ontario. The link for the museum is at:

          http://www.norfolkcounty.ca/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=376&Itemid=116

          A dedicated website for the event (with a less horrific web address) is in the works and will be online shortly. The dates for the event at June 19 - 20, with a small children's day on the 18th.

          Cheers,
          -- Sioux
          Message 4 of 4 , Mar 3, 2010
            It is in southern Ontario, on the shores of Lake Erie.

            Mark D