Re: 1812 goes digital-article

  • BritcomHMP@aol.com
    Message 1 of 11 , Mar 2, 2010
      In a message dated 3/2/2010 11:14:41 AM Central Standard Time,
      kevingarrett@... writes:

      > Forgive me for asking Tim, but did you mean "old sweat"?
      >
      > Kevin

      That is exactly what I meant Kevin, didn't notice the flub. My uncle, who
      was in the RADC and had the great pleasure of flying into Normandy in a
      glider, had a completely flat cap badge and told me that he did that on the
      polishing wheel and had a good little sideline going polishing badges flat so
      that the owners could give the impression of being old hands.

      Aye

    • HAROLD DENNISON
      Message 2 of 11 , Mar 2, 2010
        It "could" be!   :)

        Hal Dennison
        www.JustDreamLife.com

        From: WarOf1812@yahoogrou ps.com [mailto:WarOf1812@yahoogrou ps.com] On Behalf
        Of gary beauregard

        Very interesting stuff. I'm wondering how they know that this Cross Belt
        Plate is from the Grenadier Company of the '1st British or Royal Scots 1st
        Regiment' though.

        http://www.ourontar io.ca/1812/ details.asp? r=vs&ID=72510& number=32

        Chris McKay