Re: 1812 goes digital-article

  • royalscotstailor
    Message 1 of 11 , Mar 2, 2010

    • BritcomHMP@aol.com
      Message 2 of 11 , Mar 2, 2010
        In a message dated 3/2/2010 11:14:41 AM Central Standard Time,
        kevingarrett@... writes:

        > Forgive me for asking Tim, but did you mean "old sweat"?
        >
        > Kevin

        That is exactly what I meant Kevin, didn't notice the flub. My uncle, who
        was in the RADC and had the great pleasure of flying into Normandy in a
        glider, had a completely flat cap badge and told me that he did that on the
        polishing wheel and had a good little sideline going polishing badges flat so
        that the owners could give the impression of being old hands.

        Aye

      • HAROLD DENNISON
        Message 3 of 11 , Mar 2, 2010
          It "could" be!   :)

          Hal Dennison
          www.JustDreamLife.com

          From: WarOf1812@yahoogrou ps.com [mailto:WarOf1812@yahoogrou ps.com] On Behalf
          Of gary beauregard

          Very interesting stuff. I'm wondering how they know that this Cross Belt
          Plate is from the Grenadier Company of the '1st British or Royal Scots 1st
          Regiment' though.

          http://www.ourontar io.ca/1812/ details.asp? r=vs&ID=72510& number=32

          Chris McKay