H.M.S. Colossus figurehead retrieved

  • James Yaworsky
    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 26, 2010
      Here's a link to the BBC report on this story. See how many gaffes the reporter makes you can spot...

      Jim Yaworsky
    • BritcomHMP@aol.com
      Message 2 of 4 , Feb 26, 2010
        In a message dated 2/26/2010 9:06:43 AM Central Standard Time,
        yawors1@... writes:

        Here's a link to the BBC report on this story. See how many gaffes the
        reporter makes you can spot...

        You mean like the stern being at the front of the ship? And that Colossus
        (74) was not part of Nelson's fleet but was under Vice Admiral Hotham and
        Captained by C. M. Pole? also that the figure is a Hero not a god?

        Aye

      • James Yaworsky
        Message 3 of 4 , Feb 26, 2010
          --- In WarOf1812@yahoogroups.com, BritcomHMP@... wrote:

          > You mean like the stern being at the front of the ship? And that Colossus
          > (74) was not part of Nelson's fleet but was under Vice Admiral Hotham and
          > Captained by C. M. Pole? also that the figure is a Hero not a god?
          >
          > Aye
          >
          > Tim

          Yup. That's the sort of stuff I was referring to, all right... ;>)

          Yours Aye

          Jim
        • MasterAtArms
          Message 4 of 4 , Feb 26, 2010
            ...And that Colossus was definitely NOT Apollo! Apparently, you don't have to have any idea what the heck you're talking about to report for the BBC these days. How the mighty have fallen...

            Dale