Re: Sackets Harbor closing?

  • Dan Schroth
    Message 1 of 11 , Feb 22, 2010
      Yes it is very important to contact the Reps. of this state. So far they are working against history without anyone being the wiser. The tourist dollars alone are really going to hit these areas of NYS. As Pres. Madison called for action in response to the Brits, let us not be as the Military at that time and allow the Capitol to be burned. Our Royal Gov. needs to hear from the Folks that "voted Him in Office" :) Am I being polite in this day and age?

      --- In WarOf1812@yahoogroups.com, "Soo" <saultcitysoo@...> wrote:

      > As you can imagine, the closures were a hot topic of discussion at the Battle of Ogdensburg this past weekend.
      > There, it was suggested that an email campaign to the appropriate representatives for sites closed or facing closure begin. By signing your name and adding "a concerned citizen" only, it would allow Canadians to add their weight to the fight.
      >
      > If those connected with individual sites could post the contacts of the elected officials for their region, we can all start letting it be known how short sighted this move is. Once material history/culture is closed, you lose it.
      >
      > As a frequent visitor to "The North Country" part of NY State, I can't for the life of me understand why this governor is cutting the legs out from under what ever little economic spark there is. It is insane!
      >
      > Sue McLean
      > a concerned citizen
      > (of Ottawa, ON)

    • Timothy Abel
      Message 2 of 11 , Feb 23, 2010
        Contact addresses for NYS Senators and Assemblypersons:

        http://assembly.state.ny.us/mem/

        http://www.nysenate.gov/senators

        Sackets Harbor lies within the districts of Sen. Darrel Aubertine and Hon. Dede Scozzafava. Other Parks are within the districts of Hon. Addie Russell.

        Timothy J. Abel, PhD
        Consulting Archaeologist
        315-486-0030
        tabel@...