Fw: [Great-War-Assoc] Stolen Cannon - Help a Reenactor out

  • Spencer's Mercantile
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 6, 2010
      Those of you who remember the Fort Meigs cannon theft will empathize. Please keep your eyes open!

      -- Sioux

      Gentlemen,

      I post this on behalf of a friend:

      My Cannon, limber and covered 18ft Car hauler was stolen from my lot
      at 4218 Pelham, Dearborn Heights , MI 48125 . Batty B 1st Michigan
      Light Artillery's entire gear was enclosed in the well locked up
      trailer. My trailer has distinctive bullet hole decals running up
      both sides and a giant cannonball splat on the back door. I want to
      get this information out as quick as I can. The more eyes we have
      looking the better!

      U.S. 1841 6pdr cannon mark C.A.&CO 1845 on trunnions 298 over W.V on Muzzle

      No. 5. Limber U.S. 6 pdr.

      Trailer is a 2000 Haulmark 18ft covered car hauler charcoal gray

      VIN 16HGB1834YH065667.

      Please forward to any and all your C.W. reenactors and reenacting websites.

      Police Contact is: Dearborn Hgts. Police
      313 277-6770
      Officer Beaudree
      Case # 2010-84

      Reward!