Re: 1812 Re: confirm 2010 event dates

  • HQ93rd@aol.com
    Message 1 of 10 , Jan 5, 2010
      A bit late now, but New Orleans is Jan 8-9.

      93rd SHRoFLHU
      THE Thin Red Line
      www.93rdhighlanders.com
      www.myspace.com/93rdhighlanders
      www.new.facebook.com/people/Sutherland_Highlanders/1120912511

      --- In WarOf1812@yahoogroups.com, "westhouse03" <westhouse@...> wrote:

      > List.
      >
      > The following dates have yet to be confirmed for 2010. If you know
      the event is on or off, the date is correct or not or if there are new
      events not listed, please let me know.

      > Dave Westhouse, email me off list at
      >
      > westhouse at sympatico . ca
      >

      > Mar 27 . . . 1812 comes to Loudoun County - Sterling, VA
      >
      > Apr 24 . . . Officer/NCO School at Ft. George - Niagara-on-the-lake,
      ON
      > Apr 25 . . . All units Drill at Fort George - Niagara-on-the-lake, ON
      >
      > May 15 . . . Northwest Co. 1812 - Pine City, MN
      >
      > June 12 . . . Battle of Hampton - Newport News, VA
      >
      > July 2-4 . . . Friendship Festival, 1812 Camp - Fort Erie, ON
      > July 9-11 . . . Prairie Du Chien - Prairie Du Chien, WI
      >
      > Aug 7-8 . . . Siege of Fort Erie - Fort Erie, ON
      > Aug 14-15 . . . Soldier's Day & Fife and Drum Muster, Fort George -
      Niagara-on-the-lake, ON
      > Aug 14 . . . Bladensburg Encampment - Riverdale Park, MD
      > Aug 28 . . . Alexandria Surrenders Carlyle House - Alexandria, VA
      >
      > Sept 11-12 . . . Backus Mill - Port Rowan, ON
      > Sept 11-12 . . . Fort McHenry - Baltimore, MD
      >
      > Sept 18-19 . . . Jefferson Patterson Park - Mackall, MD
      >

      > 2010 Events List
      > http://royal.scots.tripod.com/warof1812eventslist/
    • Jack reimer
      Message 2 of 10 , Jan 5, 2010
        OFF LIST. REPLY OFF LIST..........

        www.93rdhighlanders.com<http://www.93rdhighlanders.com/>
        www.myspace.com/93rdhighlanders<http://www.myspace.com/93rdhighlanders>
        www.new.facebook.com/people/Sutherland_Highlanders/1120912511<http://www.new.facebook.com/people/Sutherland_Highlanders/1120912511>

        --- In WarOf1812@yahoogroups.com<mailto:WarOf1812@yahoogroups.com>, "westhouse03" <westhouse@...> wrote:

        > List.
        >
        > The following dates have yet to be confirmed for 2010. If you know
        the event is on or off, the date is correct or not or if there are new
        events not listed, please let me know.

        > Dave Westhouse, email me off list at
        >
        > westhouse at sympatico . ca
        >

        > Mar 27 . . . 1812 comes to Loudoun County - Sterling, VA
        >
        > Apr 24 . . . Officer/NCO School at Ft. George - Niagara-on-the-lake,
        ON
        > Apr 25 . . . All units Drill at Fort George - Niagara-on-the-lake, ON
        >
        > May 15 . . . Northwest Co. 1812 - Pine City, MN
        >
        > June 12 . . . Battle of Hampton - Newport News, VA
        >
        > July 2-4 . . . Friendship Festival, 1812 Camp - Fort Erie, ON
        > July 9-11 . . . Prairie Du Chien - Prairie Du Chien, WI
        >
        > Aug 7-8 . . . Siege of Fort Erie - Fort Erie, ON
        > Aug 14-15 . . . Soldier's Day & Fife and Drum Muster, Fort George -
        Niagara-on-the-lake, ON
        > Aug 14 . . . Bladensburg Encampment - Riverdale Park, MD
        > Aug 28 . . . Alexandria Surrenders Carlyle House - Alexandria, VA
        >
        > Sept 11-12 . . . Backus Mill - Port Rowan, ON
        > Sept 11-12 . . . Fort McHenry - Baltimore, MD
        >
        > Sept 18-19 . . . Jefferson Patterson Park - Mackall, MD
        >

        > 2010 Events List
        > http://royal.scots.tripod.com/warof1812eventslist/<http://royal.scots.tripod.com/warof1812eventslist/>

      • Eric
        Message 3 of 10 , Jan 7, 2010
          Folks,
          There will be an event at Old Fort Niagara on 24/25 July.

          Eric
        • westhouse03
          Message 4 of 10 , Jan 7, 2010
            So there is...date added (with a link)
            http://oldfortniagara.org/events/?Y=2010&n=07&j=24&e_id=146

            Dave.

            --- In WarOf1812@yahoogroups.com, "Eric" <ebloomquist@...> wrote:

            > Folks,
            > There will be an event at Old Fort Niagara on 24/25 July.
            >
            > Eric

          • Kevin Windsor
            Message 5 of 10 , Jan 11, 2010
              Sorry Erik that Sunday is the commemoration of the Battle of Lundy's Lane so
              I shall be other wise occupied.

              Kevin

              _____

              Message 6 of 10 , Jan 11, 2010
                That's ok, Kevin, the event should have been put on the weekend before the one it is. The event now sits on top of your memorial and the same weekend as Wasaga. This happened once before but it was taken care of. I guess history does repeat itself.

                Dave.

                2010
                July 23-25 . . . Wasaga Under Siege - Wasaga Beach, ON
                July 24-25 . . . 1812 Fort Niagara - Youngstown, NY

                2009
                July 24-26 . . . Wasaga Under Siege - Wasaga Beach, ON
                no event . . . Fort Niagara

                2008
                July 19-20 . . . Fort Niagara - Youngstown, NY
                July 25-27 . . . Wasaga Under Siege - Wasaga Beach, ON

                2007
                July 21-22 . . . Fort Niagara - Youngstown, NY
                July 27-29 . . . Wasaga under Siege - Wasaga Beach, ON

                2006
                July 21-23 . . . Wasaga under Siege - Wasaga Beach, ON
                July 29-30 . . . Fort Niagara - Youngstown, NY

                2005
                July 22-24 . . . Wasaga under Siege 1812 - Wasaga Beach, ON
                Aug 20-21 . . . Fort Niagara - Youngstown NY

                2004
                July 23-25 . . . Wasaga under Siege - Wasaga Beach, ON
                Sept 25-26 . . . Fort Niagara - Youngstown, NY

                RE: Ft Niagara event

                From: WarOf1812@yahoogroups.com [mailto:WarOf1812@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf
                Of Eric

                Folks,
                There will be an event at Old Fort Niagara on 24/25 July.

                Eric
              • HAROLD DENNISON
                Message 7 of 10 , Jan 11, 2010
                  .....that and it's the weekend before the Grand Tactical (Sackets Harbor), which is the weekend before Fort Erie. Does not bode well for attendance me thinks.

                  Hal Dennison
                  Say thank you more often.....and smile!

                  From: WarOf1812@yahoogrou ps.com [mailto:WarOf1812@yahoogrou ps.com] On Behalf
                  Of Eric