Military Collector & Historian

  • Radar
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 1, 2000
      Greetings!

      Does anyone know where I can get a copy of Military
      Collector & Historian, Vol. 50 #1 & #2?

      Larry
      http://im.yahoo.com
    • Radar
      Message 2 of 2 , Feb 15, 2000
        Salutations Good People!

        As a newbie to this hobby I have been (and still am)
        receiving a lot of advice and information. Thanks to
        all of you!

        However, Don Kehoe of the 1st US Inf. has given me a
        piece of advice I feel should be passed on. He
        suggested that, if possible, I get a copy of Military
        Collector & Historian Vol. 50 #1 & #2 - The War of
        1812 Special Issues. I have found both of these and
        they are GREAT! I Highly recommend them for the
        tender-foot and the veteran.

        If interested they can be purchased through The
        Company of Military Historians, Headquarters, North
        Main Street, Westbrook, CT. 06498, Phone:
        860-399-9460.
        To join the company you will need to fill out an
        application and pay $40.00 in dues. However, they
        will let you purchase back issues if you are not a
        member. This is the option I chose. I was charged
        $7.13 per issue. They do not take credit cards.

        If you would like, it is possible to look at a summery
        of each issue on the net. All you need to do (in
        Yahoo anyway) is type in "Military Collector &
        Historian". The site will give a list of the back
        issues available and a breakdown of each. If you have
        trouble let me know.

        On a side note - Mr. Kehoe is perhaps one of the most
        patient, tolerable, and informative people out there.
        He has been a wealth of information to me in helping
        get started in this fascinating hobby.

        Larry Simpson
        http://im.yahoo.com