Historic Merchants' Christmas Gathering Thank You!!

  • Spencer's Mercantile
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 8, 2009
      A somewhat belated (I've been asleep for most of the past two days!) but nonetheless very heartfelt thank you to everyone who helped me to pull together the tenth HMCG this past Saturday!! These things just don't happen without a tremendous amount of effort from all involved, and everyone's efforts truly went above and beyond this year.

      From slinging tables and chairs to slugging boxes to shopping for food, making sandwiches, folding programmes, greeting people, running charge cards, manning the food booth, putting up and taking down signage, decorating the halls, and so on and so forth -- a superb job was done by all. Special thanks to Sarah Reavley, Paul Watson, Cynthia Thiessen, Peter Monahan, Susan Ramsay, Greg Legge, Rex Toews, Tom Fournier, Amanda Toni, Alex Cuberovic, Kirby Seabourne, Corinne Seabourne, Kim soon-to-be-Seabourne, Sutler Cyrus, Craig Williams, Jason Ryan, and the volunteers from Battlefield House Museum -- and to everyone who helped lugging those incredibly heavy tables out of the cafeteria on Friday night and back in on Saturday night! Please forgive me if I've forgotten anyone -- my brain is still in recovery mode with a severe case of the fuzzies.

      Thanks also to the merchants and display groups who worked so hard to make a rather drab high school cafeteria into a warm and inviting place. I had SO many comments on what a great feel the place had, and what an interesting way to go shopping it was -- that definitely would not have happened without you. Thank you so much for making the effort.

      And of course, thank you to everyone who attended the event! We really do appreciate you coming out to support us. If I may add a strictly personal note here -- it was wonderful to get a chance, however brief, to see so many of you and to have a wee visit in the off season. The kind words that so many of you offered me are very, very much appreciated!

      Thanks once again to all. Ten years and counting . . . holy cow.
      -- Sioux