Jan. 2000 Issue of Smoke and Fire News

  • Radar
    Message 1 of 7 , Feb 1 7:09 AM
      Hello!

      Just thought I would mention that I saw a few picks of
      Dave Bennett and Tim Pickles in this issue (among
      others)! I didn't realize when I joined this list
      that I would be in such illustrious company.

      Mr. Pickles - I thought it interesting that you
      mentioned your book the other day. I started reading
      it Monday!

      Larry
      http://im.yahoo.com
    • Annette and Lloyd Gower
      Message 2 of 7 , Feb 1 2:57 PM
        Book ? can we all know about it ?
        > Just thought I would mention that I saw a few picks of
        > Dave Bennett and Tim Pickles in this issue (among
        > others)! I didn't realize when I joined this list
        > that I would be in such illustrious company.
        >
        > Mr. Pickles - I thought it interesting that you
        > mentioned your book the other day. I started reading
        > it Monday!
        >
        > Larry
        > http://im.yahoo.com

        > GET A NEXTCARD VISA, in 30 seconds. Get rates as low as 2.9 percent
        > Intro or 9.9 percent Fixed APR and no hidden fees. Apply NOW.
        Here</a>

        square miles...

      • BritcomHMP@aol.com
        Message 3 of 7 , Feb 1 7:13 PM
          In a message dated 2/1/2000 4:57:33 PM Central Standard Time,
          agower@... writes:

          << Book ? can we all know about it ? >>

          I am shocked and surprised that you don't know about it, its been around for
          7 years now! 'New Orleans 1815' in the Osprey Campaign series. Unless of
          course you were thinking of 'Malta 1565' but I think not!

        • NINETY3RD@aol.com
          Message 4 of 7 , Feb 2 6:10 AM

            agower@... writes:

            << Book ? can we all know about it ? >>

            I am shocked and surprised that you don't know about it, its been around for
            7 years now! 'New Orleans 1815' in the Osprey Campaign series. Unless of
            course you were thinking of 'Malta 1565' but I think not! >>

            And don't forget the section on Murat in "Napoleon's Marshals!"
          • Len Heidebrecht
            Message 5 of 7 , Feb 2 3:23 PM
              Yeah! I remember seeing him on that amazing show Foot Soldiers.. Weren't we supposed to erase that from our minds?

              Len
              --

              ><< Book ? can we all know about it ? >>
              >
              >I am shocked and surprised that you don't know about it, its been around for
              >7 years now! 'New Orleans 1815' in the Osprey Campaign series. Unless of
              >course you were thinking of 'Malta 1565' but I think not! >>
              >
              >And don't forget the section on Murat in "Napoleon's Marshals!"

              >select the Member Center link from the menu bar on the left.

              >The War of 1812: In Europe, thousands fought over the fate of hundreds of square miles: in North America, hundreds determined the fate of THOUSANDS of square miles...

              HotBot - Search smarter.
              http://www.hotbot.com
            • BritcomHMP@aol.com
              Message 6 of 7 , Feb 2 4:00 PM
                In a message dated 2/2/2000 5:33:36 PM Central Standard Time,
                lheidebrecht@... writes:

                << Yeah! I remember seeing him on that amazing show Foot Soldiers.. Weren't
                we supposed to erase that from our minds?

                Oh Len, had you only seen the first cut of the Napoleonic episode (Peter
                has)! Though I think some of the programes are very good some of them did
                rather miss the mark. Having said that the scope was tremendous, trying to
                cover about 3000 years. And I have met people who know nothing about the
                military at all who thought the whole thing was great, and THEY were the
                target audience.
                Suffice it to say if I get offered a similar job I will NOT turn it down, it
                is after all what I do!

              • Len Heidebrecht
                Message 7 of 7 , Feb 2 8:32 PM
                  Tim,
                  With our perfect hindsight we can sit back and tut-tut the whole episode. For all the work that went into that show, it was a pity the finished product was so poor. Wasn't that A&E as was The Crossing? Oh dear. I can't help but think what Foot Soldiers would have been like if you HADN'T been there.

                  Cheers

                  Len
                  --

                  On Wed, 2 Feb 2000 19:00:09 BritcomHMP wrote:
                  >From: BritcomHMP@...

                  >Suffice it to say if I get offered a similar job I will NOT turn it down, it
                  >is after all what I do!

                  >Tim

                  HotBot - Search smarter.
                  http://www.hotbot.com