RE: 1812 New Book - Great Christmas Gift

  • Tom Hurlbut
    Message 1 of 5 , Nov 29, 2009
      A new book for $2?? I can't imagine the author would be happy to hear that.
      ;-)

      I read the book cover to cover in very short order. A very good read,
      indeed..

      I find that dairies and journals allow the reader to more clearly identify
      with the writer and recognize them as real people as opposed to "figures in
      history". This book is no exception.

      Cheers!

      "Major" Tom

      _____

      Message 2 of 5 , Nov 30, 2009
        All books sent to the Ottawa Citizen for review are put on sale once a year. The proceeds go to literacy. They support the "Raise a Reader" campaign.
        Gotta be fast and have sharp elbows thought!!
        (Still hoping I can at least borrow the book.)

        Sue Too