War of 1812 Events 2010 - historical, fantasy & otherwise

  • westhouse03
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 22, 2009
      Speaking of events, historical, fantasy and otherwise small, big, roadside, in the bush, re-enactor only or Grand SpecTacticals (yup just made up that word - kinda catchy ain't it?) as 2009 winds down with but one event left on the 2009 schedule;

      Dec 5 . . . Historic Merchants Christmas Gathering - Hamilton, ON
      see http://www.historicmerchants.com/xmasgathering.htm for more details

      you're welcome Sioux for the shameless sutler event promotion;

      Have a look at the 2010 schedule. For those who put together or otherwise help with events historical or fantasy, and I prefer the term representational (relax Kevin and yes Dave I'll be back), you will notice on the 2010 year a list of items in both black and red print.

      Those events listed in BLACK are confirmed. Those that are listed in RED are NOT confirmed. If you become aware of confirmed dates of the events listed please let me know and I will update them, see the site;
      http://royal.scots.tripod.com/warof1812eventslist/id16.html

      I will list the events from that page but they do not come in black and red, just black.

      The only Crown Forces event confirmed yet so far is the Grand Tactical at Sackets Harbor;
      July 30-Aug 1 . . . Sackets Harbor - Sackets Harbor, NY
      We have yet to hear about the remaining 2 and the officer/NCO school.

      Dave Westhouse

      If you can confirm a date email me at westhouse @ sympatico . ca

      The following dates can be found at
      http://royal.scots.tripod.com/warof1812eventslist/id16.html

      on this page, those dates that are not confirmed
      will be preceded by a double **

      =-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
      2010 WAR Of 1812 Events List
      =-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

      Jan 8-10 . . . Battle of New Orleans - Chalmette, LA
      Jan 23 . . . River Raisin Memorial - Monroe, MI

      ** Feb 20-21 . . . Battle of Ogdensburg - Ogdnesburg, NY
      Feb 27 . . . Living History Conference- London, ON

      ** Mar 27 . . . 1812 comes to Loudoun County - Sterling, VA

      ** Apr 24 . . . Officer/NCO School at Ft. George - Niagara-on-the-lake, ON
      ** Apr 25 . . . All units Drill at Fort George - Niagara-on-the-lake, ON

      Apr 30-May 1 . . . 1812 War College - Ogdensburg, NY
      May 1-2 . . . Battle of Longwoods - London, ON
      May 7-9 . . . Fort Ontario 1812 - Oswego, NY
      ** May 15 . . . Northwest Co. 1812 - Pine City, MN
      May 28-30 . . . 1812 Gunboat Weekend - Bath, ON
      ** May 29-30. . . Fort Meigs - Perrysburg, OH

      June 4-6 . . . Battle of Stoney Creek - Stoney Creek, ON
      June 5 . . . Celebrate Barrie, 1812 encampment - Barrie, ON
      June 11-13 . . . School of the Sailor - Kingston, ON
      ** June 12 . . . Battle of Hampton - Newport News, VA
      ** June 18-20 . . . Port Dover - Port Dover, ON
      ** June 26-27 . . . Genesee Village - Mumford, NY

      ** July 2-4 . . . Friendship Festival, 1812 Camp - Fort Erie, ON
      ** July 9-11 . . . Prairie Du Chien - Prairie Du Chien, WI
      July 23-24 . . . Wasaga Under Siege - Wasaga Beach, ON

      July 30-Aug 1 . . . Sackets Harbor - Sackets Harbor, NY
      (War of 1812 Grand Tactical)

      ** July 31-Aug 1 . . . Fort Malden Timeline - Amherstburg, ON

      ** Aug 7-8 . . . Siege of Fort Erie - Fort Erie, ON
      ** Aug 14-15 . . . Soldier's Day & Fife and Drum Muster, Fort George - Niagara-on-the-lake, ON
      ** Aug 14 . . . Bladensburg Encampment - Riverdale Park, MD
      ** Aug 28 . . . Alexandria Surrenders Carlyle House - Alexandria, VA

      ** Sept 4 . . . Battle of North Point - Fort Howard, MD
      ** Sept 4-5 . . . Fairfield - Thamesville, ON
      ** Sept 11-12 . . . Backus Mill - Port Rowan, ON
      ** Sept 11-12 . . . Fort McHenry - Baltimore, MD
      Sept 17-18 . . . 9 Mile Portage Festival - Fort Willow, Minesing, ON
      ** Sept 18-19 . . . Jefferson Patterson Park - Mackall, MD

      Oct 2-3 . . . Fanshawe 1812 - London, ON
      Oct 8-10 . . . Mississinewa 1812 - Marion, IN
      ** Oct ? . . . Sully Plantation Militia Muster - Chantilly, VA
      ** Oct 23-24 . . . Fort Osage Fall Muster - Kansas City, MO

      Nov 6-7 . . . Muster on the Wabash - Vincennes, IN

      ** Dec 4 . . . Historic Merchants Christmas Gathering - Hamilton, ON