Fw: [Chesapeake1812] Ted Yeatman has passed away

  • Ed Seufert
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 1, 2009
      Just received this.

      Ed Seufert, Cpl
      1812 Royal Marines
      ----- Original Message -----
      From: Michael
      To: Chesapeake1812@yahoogroups.com
      Sent: Sunday, November 01, 2009 11:09 PM
      Subject: [Chesapeake1812] Ted Yeatman has passed away

      I just received a call this evening that Ted Yeatman passed away after a short illness. Ted entered the hospital last week and was scheduled to enter rehabilitation (related to his weight problem) this Monday. He died this morning after suffering respiratory arrest which led to a massive heart attack.
      Ted had a lot of problems but he was quite a researcher and writer. His book Frank and Jessie James, The story behind the Legend has become the "bible" of the James brothers. This book has gone through several printings and been translated into several languages and has had great reviews over the years, it's a good read. I was holding six boxes of research for him on two more books on the West and the Spanish American War. We're looking into donating these and other research to a museum or library.
      Ted had ancestors who fought in both the Rev War and War of 1812 in Virginia. He also was related to James K Polk and had close family connections to Andrew Jackson. Close enough, that his family home (where he grew up in Tennessee) had the entry hall of their house built as an exact copy of White House's entry hall as at the time of Jackson's presidency (it's on the National register).
      Ted's cousin said that Ted's remains will be cremated and will be buried next to his mother and father in Nashville. If anyone would want to leave a word of condolence, it can be left with his cousin Ruth Kriz at rhkriz@....