Lists for 1812 - ‘Thank You’

  • larrylozon
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 9, 2009
      What a great job you do Dave Westhouse keeping the `1812 Event List' up to date

      Also a word of praise to Michael Mathews who keeps the `Units who Subscribe to the Warof1812 Yahoo Group List' up to date

      It is also time to thank Jim Yaworsky for creating and maintaining the `Warof1812 Yahoo Group'

      while I am up on this soapbox . . . .

      Many places will be having 1812 events for the Bicentennial (2012 – 2015) do we support them or the events that have been going every year to honor the Forgotten War of 1812?

      The Grand Tactical is scheduled to end in 2011 and the bicentennial is slated to honour those locations that actually had battles take place. 2012 had many battles but how many have sites that are large enough to have re-enactment events on?

      Has your unit notified Craig Williams sgtwarner(at)sympatico.ca suggesting a location for the 2010 Crown Forces Events?

      Just a few things to think about

      In conclusion – this would be a great time to contact people like Steve Abolt, etc. to order your 1812 clothing for the 2010 Campaign Season

      Yrs.,
      L2

      United States Forces 1812
      http://usforces1812.tripod.com