Fanshawe Thank you - The Battle of the Pumpkin Patch

  • westhouse03
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 7, 2009
      Thank you everyone for your kind words and for all who came and had such a great time. The weather will always be the weather and at least we got all the battles in.
      Thanks would not be proper without mentioning a few extra special people. I get credit being a front man but there are others.
      Glyn Parsons, one of our lance corporals, and Anne Brookes, Fanshawe Village special events coordinator, both did a remarkable job with all the little details and assistance through the weekend and before. A huge pleasure working with them both. The hours Anne put in for you guys you would not believe.
      Also through many meetings and brainstorming sessions, Sheila Johnson, site manager, Linda Parsons and Hal Dennison. Additionally the many unnamed folks who helped out, especially Jim Hill's guys from Fort Erie who moved the spectator fence so that we would have a better field to play on.
      Ron Dale for narrating. Great job.
      Thanks also for letting us shoot our guy for deserting. Got that out of my system now.
      Rick Mercer proved not to be much of a distraction to the event and actually made some moments memorable and just that much different. As Calvin said, something to which can be talked about over campfires for years to come.
      Powder stipends will be sent out for the artillery and boats as soon as I get it figured out.

      For those who were there, you will always remember the see saw light cavalry, the up and down battle or the teeter totter sabre duel and the memorable and I name it, "The Battle of the Pumpkin Patch".

      Can we top it next year? Come and find out, we are always thinking and have some ideas we are kicking around. If you have any ideas please share. Comments or suggestions are also welcome. Send them to me off line.

      And wasn't the period tavern cool? Didn't make it? Come next year.

      Thanks,
      Dave Westhouse.