RE: 1812 Re: Jason Everett's secret affair with Paula Abdul

  • Ray Hobbs
    Message 1 of 14 , Oct 7, 2009
      Sir:
      Scandal has nothing to do with it! It only becomes such if the husband of the lady in question raises public objections. I have heard none.
      Maj. Everett is quite within his right, as an officer and a gentleman, to place the lady "under his protection" - a practice so common in the day and age as to be beyond comment. The quick, and impolite manner in which several have passed judgment on the matter belittles their own standing as officers and gentlemen. It does not suit them, or you, Sir. I may even hazard the observation that such judgments are motivated, not a little, by green-eyed jealousy.
      Should Maj. Everett stoop so low as to dignify your challenge with a response, then I am willing on any occasion to stand by him on the field of honour. But, I would suggest, that his response should be withheld, treating the childish behaviour of his critics with the contempt it deserves.
      I have the Honour to Remain, Sir
      Your most Humble and Obedient Svt.
      R. Hobbs, Maj.
      AdC to Col. Williams, CFNA

      TFPIC :-)

      To: WarOf1812@yahoogroups.com
      From: kevin.windsor@...
      Date: Wed, 7 Oct 2009 07:59:42 -0400
      Subject: RE: 1812 Re: Jason Everett's secret affair with Paula Abdul

      My dear Major, I simply cannot apologize for this, as I do believe it is the

      second time I have exposed your scandalous liaisons!

      The first time we dueled it was with pistols on the field at John Crysler's

      house, and I am glad to see you wound has healed.

      Perhaps you will best me at swords?

      Captain Windsor

      _____

      From: WarOf1812@yahoogroups.com [mailto:WarOf1812@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf

      Of bdemajor1812

      You must realize Sir, that you have exposed my connection with the "Lady". I

      feel compelled to seek an immediate public apology from you. If it should

      not be forthcoming I shall have no choice but to "call you out" and have our

      seconds negotiate the details for a future meeting!

      R. Jason Everett

    • Tom Hurlbut
      Message 2 of 14 , Oct 7, 2009
        I think she looks great regardless what she's wearing..

        "Major" Tom

        _____

        Message 3 of 14 , Oct 7, 2009
          Should you need a second (or instruction with swords), I am at your service,
          sir.

          "Major: Tom

          _____

          Message 4 of 14 , Oct 7, 2009
            Oh, well said, Sir!

            Am I to understand that this is not the first time "Captain" Windsor has
            shown himself to be something other than a gentleman?

            "Major" Tom

            _____

[...]

            .

            <http://geo.yahoo.com/serv?s=97359714/grpId=38751/grpspId=1705767503/msgId=4
            1000/stime=1254924055/nc1=1/nc2=2/nc3=3>

          • bdemajor1812
            Message 5 of 14 , Oct 7, 2009
              Gentlemen:

              Let me first extend my thanks to those fellow officers who have expressed their support, and especially to those who who would stand by me.

              As to the previous encounter between Mr. Windsor and myself, I have a different recollection of the circumstances. My memory has it that Mr. Windsor challenged me for having referred to a particular woman as "a common whore." A damnable lie! I never said anything of the sort. Indeed, she was anything but "common". I felt it most improper to denegrate anyone who is skilled at their craft.

              A special thank you to Mr. Hobbs for giving us a lesson in lexicology. Also for his suggestion that silence would be the most appropriate response. However, I think Mr. Windsor should be given a most definite lesson, even if only for general principals.

              Your Humble & Obedient Servant,
              R. Jason Everett
              Brevet-Major
              Inc. Militia of U.C.
            • Jack reimer

                Message 7 of 14 , Oct 8, 2009
                  --- In WarOf1812@yahoogroups.com, "Jack reimer" <reimerfam@...> wrote:

                  > and now maybe this all could be shifted to the Paula Ab Dull fan club website ?

                  oh... is there still such a beastie in existence? Will wonders never cease. One learns something new every day...

                  Jim
                • Tom Hurlbut
                  Message 8 of 14 , Oct 8, 2009
                    Why, I get the impression some find this thread inappropriate.. Too bad,
                    it's fun.

                    _____