Fwd: War of 1812 calendar

  • John Sek
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 20, 2009
      Hi Guys,

      The below information should be of interest.

      regards,

      John Sek

      This is a forwarded message
      From: Sarah More <recce40@...>
      To: jsek@...
      Date: Thursday, September 17, 2009, 3:51:13 PM
      Subject: War of 1812 calendar

      Hi, John.

      Just visited your website at http://www.iaw.com/~jsek/1812unit.htm

      Having recently been appointed New York State Daughters of 1812 Chairman for Fort McHenry, I am scheduled to present a report to the other Chairs on October 31st regarding our efforts to promote education of Fort McHenry, the National Anthem, and the War of 1812.

      I would love to advertise any War of 1812 reenactments taking place in 2010 in the Daughters upcoming newsletter. Is there a master calendar where I can find these dates? If the reenactment community would like to forward any information about products for sale, special financial needs, recommended reading materials, school visits in which reenactors are participating, etc. PLEASE let me know so I can try and include them in the newsletter.

      Would you be kind enough to forward the following website information to your contacts?

      http://www.nps.gov/history/nr/twhp/index.htm

      http://visitmaryland.org/m/SiteCollectionDocuments/History%20and%20Heritage/1812/Warof1812ActionPlan.pdf

      If the reenacting community would like to help us, I would really appreciate it.

      Thanks,
      Sarah More
      New York State Daughters of 1812 Chairman, Fort McHenry
      Age of Sail Maritime Association Assistant, War of 1812 Bicentennial Committee
      1st Ulster County Militia/ Pettiauger MercuryKing?s Royal Yorkers

      Best regards,
      John mailto:jsek@...