Re: 1812 US infantry drill

  • Steve Abolt
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 20, 2009
      Brian,

      You can find these on the Ft. McHenry web page www.fortmchenryguard.org

      All the best,
      S.

      --- On Sat, 9/19/09, nappingcrow <nappingcrow@...> wrote:

      From: nappingcrow <nappingcrow@...>
      Subject: 1812 US infantry drill
      To: WarOf1812@yahoogroups.com
      Date: Saturday, September 19, 2009, 10:00 PM

      Hi all,
      A while back (as much as a year or so?), someone posted a link to a series of photos showing the steps in one of the versions of US infantry drill (either photos or short video clips, I can't remember which). The images were of a person in US uniform and kit, and the drill seemed to be done very well.

      I thought I had saved the link, but now can't find it - does this ring a bell with anyone? I think it was linked to a reenactment group, but now can't remember which one...

      Thanks,
      Brian The Increasingly Absent-Minded