Backus Mills mini-update

  • spencersmerc
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 10, 2009
      (Port Rowan, Ontario, not too far from the "Centre of the Universe") ;-)

      Just got back from setting up at Backus, and Larry Hanna asked me to let everyone know that the site has really gone all out to make us -- all 500+ of us -- welcome and comfortable accommodated! As Larry said this evening, the "Wow!" factor just keeps growing. The place looks fantastic, and a small army of volunteers has spent thousands of man-hours working at the site to spruce it up and make special arrangements and accommodations for us for the weekend. Impressive!

      I also wanted to pass on the message that Aunt Erie's Restaurant on site will be open 24 hours over the weekend, and that she will have a repeat of last year's much-lauded shepherd's pie available for purchase tomorrow evening during setup time. She'll also have hot breakfast available for $5 a person on Saturday and Sunday.

      Looking forward to seeing you there,
      -- Sioux