- I forward the Historic Monroe
From: "Xavier Allen" <regimental1@...>
Lots of great things are starting to happen in Monroe, MI.
1. A battlefield that is now a nat'l park. (The Battle of The River Raisin JAN 1813)
2. Plans for The 200th Anniversary for The War of 1812
3. Presently, the 200th Anniversary of The Michigan Territory (basically) In Anarchy.
4. The 100th Anniversary of The General Custer Statue being Erected (3/4 OCT 2009)
3 OCT - Dinner at The Monroe VFW Post, Historian Steve Alexander will do a first person impression of General Custer (6pm)
4 OCT - Donavin Sprague, Chief Crazy Horse's descendant, will speak at River Raisin Centre of The Arts.