Re: 1812 Danny Forbis information

  • JGIL1812@aol.com
    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 26, 2009
      Ray,

      I can only say that to those of us who travelled to New Orleans on a regular basis, Danny was the "shining light" who made it all worth while. He will be sorely missed by all.

      John Gilmour

      From: sacbg7@...
      Date: Wed, 26 Aug 2009 15:16:14 +0000
      Subject: 1812 Danny Forbis informatSteve:

      Dear Friends,

      Many of you have been aware, or are just now hearing about Danny Forbis of the Chalmette Battlefield Unit of Jean Lafitte National Park.

      Yes, it is true about his passing. As many of you know he has been missing since a week ago Monday. An intesnse search was organized to find him encompassing state and federal law enforcement officials.

      In my conversation with the NPS staff this morning here is what is known.

      Danny's body was found yesterday in his car. He was found in an overlook area of the Pisgah National Forest on land bordering the Blue Ridge Parkway and the National forest. Release of the information was held pending notification of his family

      There was no sign of foul play. As he was found on National Forest Land that Divison is now heading up the investigation.

      An autopsy has been requested. Results from that will not be available for approximately 8 weeks.

      No funeral or memorial services are currently planned, pending the autopsy. When one is planned Tim Pickles or I will make sure to get the information to you.

      The NPS wishes to thank all who aided in the investigation and the many tips you provided. They were very helpful.

      This is a time of sorrow for all of us who knew Danny. One of my fondest memories is the three days he spent with us in Virginia after Hurricane Katrina.

      Rest in Peace dear friend.

      Sincerely,

      Steve Abolt