Re: 1812 Re: New member hoping to find some insight.

  • Michael Mathews
    Message 1 of 12 , Aug 25, 2009
      My book on the GLI shows one Patrick Sullivan, born in Ireland, depot at Quebec, enlisted 20/02/1815, discharged 24/06/1816. That sound about right?

      Michael

      "No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted..." -- Aesop

      Message 2 of 12 , Aug 25, 2009
        --- In WarOf1812@yahoogroups.com, "suullly" <suullly@...> wrote:
        The document describes how my ancestor received 100 acres of land for service rendered in the Glengarry light infantry fencibles.

        Is this the lad that ended up in Renfrew? If so, he may have been eligilble to receive the General Service Medal even though he was not in combat.

        Ron
      • suullly
        Message 3 of 12 , Aug 25, 2009
          > Is this the lad that ended up in Renfrew? If so, he may have been eligilble to receive the General Service Medal even though he was not in combat.

          He did indeed end up in Renfrew,
        • suullly
          Message 4 of 12 , Aug 25, 2009
            > My book on the GLI shows one Patrick Sullivan, born in Ireland, depot at Quebec, enlisted 20/02/1815, discharged 24/06/1816. That sound about right?

            I have no idea of the dates but if he was the only one by that name enlisted, I think that is a great start.
          • suullly
            Message 5 of 12 , Oct 6, 2009
              Michael:
              Would it be possible for you to e mail me a scan of the page in the source book you got that information from?. Or let me know the book title.

              Message 6 of 12 , Oct 6, 2009
                Sure: "The Glengarry Light Infantry, 1812-1816: Who were they and what did they do in the war?" by Winston Johnston. ISBN 0-9730501-0-1 Benson Publishing. 1998.