Re: 1812 Road conditions on QEW

  • Jim Hill
    Message 1 of 11 , Aug 7 6:13 AM
      I think Hal, Ian and Kevin have all provided alternatives to the old 'Queenee'.
      Kevin is correct that using the route through St. Catharines (crazy but fun village) will put you back in the construction on the QEW.
      Hwy 20 is a great little gem if not stuck behind ma and pa Kettle from Bismark (how did they keep that town name).

      Use Ian's exit at Jordan Road to Middle Road and get on the 406 to Hwy 58/Thorold Stone Road, if you miss Hwy 58 the 406 will take you to Kevins' suggested Hwy 20/Lundy's Lane both of these routes will take you back to a quiet section of the Queen Elizabeth Way and Fort Erie.

      Either way you cover some 1812 sites. You pass through the Battle of Beaverdams site on Hwy 58 and I think you might know about that Lundy's Lane punch up on Hwy 20.

      Best of luck
      Jim